Borscht – Tasty recipe for a beetroot soup
Borscht is a stew from Eastern European cuisine. Tasty and delicious with beetroot.
Borscht is a soup that is traditionally made with beetroot and whose preparation is very common in Eastern and Eastern Central Europe. The origin of the word “Borschtsch” or “Barszcz” is most likely in the Slavic name – Wikipedia
Ingredients for two persons:
- 250g beetroot
- 1/2 l vegetable stock
- 1/4 bunch dill
- 1/2 stick leek
- 2 carrots
- 250g of white cabbage
- 250g potato
- 1 onion
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup curd cheese (soy substitute product)
Preparation of Borscht – beetroot soup:
- Beetroot, leek, carrots, cabbage, potatoes, sliced onion.
- Fry the onions, cabbage, beets and potatoes in the oil
- Douse with vegetable stock and bring to a boil. Simmer for 15 minutes, then add the carrots and leeks and simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season with vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Serve borscht with quark and dill.
Also read -> Potato soup for winter