We make an average of 7,500 steps per day. Since one step is 0.8 meters on average, we walk 6 km a day (3.7 miles). So at the end of an 80-year life, how far have we gone?
Its 242.857.142 Steps
Walking is the most widely practiced sport in the US according to statistics. So why not walk to the moon or around the earth?
- 550.000.000 steps = earth to moon
- 57.250.000 steps = around the earth
- 6.428.571 steps = from western to eastern of the US
- 55.000 steps = Marathon
- 7000 steps = 3 miles
- 2500 steps = go for shopping
- 150 steps = carry the garbage down
- 20 steps = from bedroom to the kitchen