Water is very important for the proper functions of our body. Dehydration, especially in summer causes a lot of cardiovascular problems. The human body is around 60% of water. If we loose 2% over sweating, it can be 20% less performance.
We have 7 important tips for your about not getting dehydrated in summer, when you make your steps wherever you spend the hot days.
- During intensive exercises and when you are sweating you should drink enough. It´s recommended to drink around 2 liters every day and even more when you do some intensive workouts.
- Do not just drink water. Your body needs to get filled the minerals to help it balance out and recover after intense exercises. You can make the Electrolyte on your own. Just mix 1/2 l green tea or normal water with 1/4 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon magnesium powder and 1/2 cup of 100% fruit juice.
- Your thirst is tells you when you should drink. When your total water content goes below a certain level, thirst kicks in. The better way is to drink regularly before the thirst tells you.
- Add flavor to your pitcher by stepping fresh fruit and herbs in your carafe. Grapefruit, lemon, strawberries, mint and basil are perfect for it.
- Eat food which is rich of water like zucchini, watermelon or cucumber. They are healthy and perfect for hot summer days.
- Drink a glas before each meal. Studies show that drinking a glass of water before a meal can help you feel full faster and eat less. And you stay hydrated.
- When you drink alcohol always drink a glass of water too. Alcohol can cause dehydration because you have to go to toilet more often and you loose salts from the body.